Tuesday, November 29, 2005
UPDATE: Be sure to read the first comment that accompanies this post. Wow.
The "Duke" is the U.S. Representative who entered a gulty plea yesterday and resigned his position in Congress after taking over $2 million in bribes. A partial list of his take:
- $7,200 paid to an antique store for a circa 1850 Louis Phillipe period commode and a circa 1830 Restoration period commode.
- $13,500 toward the purchase of a Rolls-Royce.
- $17,889.96 for repairs to the Rolls-Royce.
- $200,000 toward the purchase of his Arlington, Va., condominium.
- $12,000 paid to an antique store for three night stands, a leaded glass cabinet, a washstand, a buffet and four armoires.
Let that be a lesson to you. Never buy a Rolls Royce. The repair bills are unbelievable.
(Admit it, you thought I was going to make a commode joke. I'll have you know, it's not all potty humor over here. Usually.)
| Permalink Here