<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Worse Than We Thought

The pictures from the Gulf Coast are unbelievably horrendous. This is hitting me a little closer to home than I'd like. I do the advertising for hospitals in St. Bernard Parish and East New Orleans. The second is blocks from Lake Ponchatrain but appears to have fared as well as could be expected. The other hospital looks to have suffered the most. It's only two stories tall and the pictures I've seen of the area show water up to rooftops. I'm trying to remain optimistic, but it's not easy.

I work with not just the hospitals but all of the media in the city. This entails doing business with dozens of people in TV, radio & print. The majority of them have become my friends and I am afraid to call to see how they're doing for fear of hearing the worst. I'm sure I will try to reach out to them soon but I'm not sure I'll be able to express the sorrow & empathy that will be appropriate to the situation.

What can you say to someone who has lost everything?

I'm not sure there is a correct answer...

| Permalink Here


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

http://www.top-blogs.com/cgi-bin/rankem.cgi?id=ebradlee
Site Feed



















Site Meter

+ : nothing blogs : +

PhillyBlog
<< <5 | < | list | random | > | 5> >>

Listed on BlogShares

Performancing

Technorati Profile

Who Links Here?