<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Crustaceous Period

Mrs. Horns and I celebrated out third wedding anniversary last night. We went to the restaurant where we had our first date and had an outstanding meal. The soft taco supremes were divine. I started with a half dozen oysters, while my bride had the Creole tomato bisque. The main course for Mrs. Horns consisted of sating her asparagus fix. The succulent pork chops were an after thought (but still succulent and done perfectly.) For the first time in my life I ordered a "nude" lobster (Though I ordered it "naked" on purpose for comic effect. Mission accomplished). This means I didn't have to do the work of de-shelling the mighty two-and-a-half pound beast. The meat was served in a pot with boiled potatoes and green beans. I realize this may offend the New England sensibilities of at least one UHH reader. Supposedly, the work of getting the meat out of the shell is, "half the fun." I agree it is fun, particularly if I'm at the beach and have a salt-rimmed glass in front of me, but it wasn't going to happen for my anniversary dinner. So, relax New Englanders, I can still get a ton of meat out of any shelled animal (except a turtle.) We finished with the creme brulee and sorbet.

A wonderful meal and a lot of fun.

If you're ever in the North Wilmington area you should check out Harry's Savoy Grill. It is about 30 minutes from Philly and will offer a great dining experience.

| Permalink Here


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

http://www.top-blogs.com/cgi-bin/rankem.cgi?id=ebradlee
Site Feed



















Site Meter

+ : nothing blogs : +

PhillyBlog
<< <5 | < | list | random | > | 5> >>

Listed on BlogShares

Performancing

Technorati Profile

Who Links Here?