<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 13, 2004

Oxford American Magazine

A big thanks to James Wolcott for reminding us of the relaunch of the Oxford American magazine. After a 12 month hiatus OA, which rightfully bills itself as the Good Magazine of Southern Writing, will be coming back as a quarterly.

My first experience with the publication was four years ago when I placed a display advertisement in it for one of my clients. I was put on the comp list and immediately fell in love. The quality of the writing was always memorable but what really grabbed my attention was the annual Music Issue. This issue came "polybagged" with a double-length CD. As you'd expect the southern flavor was strong and it opened me up to a new world of music. The artists "donate" their songs, waiving their rights fees. Some of the more memorable tracks came from Dolly Parton, Lyle Lovett and Tom Petty. A very cool part of this issue is that assorted writers share what they liked about the songs. It's like a ten page long liner note! The 2005 Music Issue is scheduled to come out in July 2005.

I'm sure I'll be in contact with the salesperson from the publication again soon, but will refuse my complimentary subscription. I'll be buying a subscription today and, if you love great writing and great music, I encourage you to do the same.

| Permalink Here


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

http://www.top-blogs.com/cgi-bin/rankem.cgi?id=ebradlee
Site Feed



















Site Meter

+ : nothing blogs : +

PhillyBlog
<< <5 | < | list | random | > | 5> >>

Listed on BlogShares

Performancing

Technorati Profile

Who Links Here?