<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 27, 2004

Traveling Music

One of the good things about extended trips in the car with the baby is the music. He doesn't like talk radio for extended periods of time (he'll learn the beautiful voices of Linda Wortheimer & Scott Simon when the time is right) or books on tape. Nope, the big man wants to hear music. And I was happy to oblige this weekend when we spent 12 hours on the road. I know at least one reader of Uncle Horns is an avid music fan, so I thought I'd list our weekend musical selections.

These are in no particular order but I jumped around to please my pint sized passenger. I stand almost 6'3" so it's easy for me to keep the beat on the baby's leg while keeping my eyes on the road. He let me know when he wanted a change. And as long as my betrothed isn't in the car I usually sing as well.

Anyway, here they are:

Lyle Lovett - My Baby Don't Tolerate
Cold Play - Parachutes
Keane - Hopes & Fears
Old 97s - Satellite Rides
U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
Beatles - Abbey Road
Talking Heads - Compilation
Sonny Landreth - The Road We're On
Sublime - Compilation
The Kinks - Compilation
This is Crucial Reggae(SKA) - Various Artists
Jason Mraz - Tonight, Not Again (Live)
World Cafe Live Volume 10 - Various Artists

I hope when my son grows older he can appreciate all types of music and that someday he'll be able to teach me about his favorite music. I feel you can tell a lot about a person by the diversity of their musical tastes.

| Permalink Here


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

http://www.top-blogs.com/cgi-bin/rankem.cgi?id=ebradlee
Site Feed



















Site Meter

+ : nothing blogs : +

PhillyBlog
<< <5 | < | list | random | > | 5> >>

Listed on BlogShares

Performancing

Technorati Profile

Who Links Here?