<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Fahrenheit 911 Reaction

At least for one viewer, the film had the desired effect:

...And in Pensacola, Fla., Monica Moody, a 20-year-old restaurant hostess who described herself as a conservative Republican, proved to be Mr. Moore's perfect target.

"Oh my goodness, I cried," Ms. Moody said. "I'm still trying to process everything. It really makes me question what I feel about the president. I'm still going to respect him as our president, but it makes me question his motives. Of course, I think that's the whole point of the film, to question his motives. But after watching it, I do question my loyalty to the president. And that's scary for me."


I saw the 10pm show last night and was very impressed. There were some points left out, but it was an excellent and persuasive piece of art.

Some of my favorite moments (SPOILER ALERT) in Moore's classic:

(READ NO FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT SPECIFIC DETAILS)

- I didn't realize the bedlam that occurred in Washington when W. was inaugurated. It looked like a full-blown riot, complete with egging of the President's limo. And it marked the first time a President hasn't walked up Pennsylvania Ave after being sworn in. That proved to be a good choice.

- The brief snippet of (lyric-less) music when discussing why W. missed his physical. The song? Cocaine by Eric Clapton.

- Wolfowitz deep-throating his comb before running it through his hair. What a creepy man.

There were others, but I want to see it again to be sure my facts are tight.

Go see it!

| Permalink Here


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

http://www.top-blogs.com/cgi-bin/rankem.cgi?id=ebradlee
Site Feed



















Site Meter

+ : nothing blogs : +

PhillyBlog
<< <5 | < | list | random | > | 5> >>

Listed on BlogShares

Performancing

Technorati Profile

Who Links Here?