<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 13, 2004

The First Year



Today is my son's first birthday. When I look him in the eye and he smiles it makes all of the political blogging and partisan warfare seem insignificant. I've been chided by close friends (and my wife) recently for focusing too much on the coming election and foreign affairs. After going through my archives I can see they're right. I've been blogging for about 2-1/2 months and 95% of my 310 posts have been about politics. I didn't plan for it to happen like this but because of the ineptitude in the government leadership I have to express my self and try to spread the word about the direction our country is going. But I think this has to change. Moving forward I'm going to try to write at least one non-political post per day. We'll see how it goes. Let's start with the big man...

What an amazing job being a Dad is. Friends and co-workers told me my life would never be the same after the birth of my son. I gave them the, "yeah, yeah...no sleep...dirty diapers....constant bathing.....blahblahblah.....I read the books." All of those things are true but the profound change I felt in my life, in my being was that this little guy was all ours and we're responsible for helping to craft him into a respectful, caring, responsible man who is aware of his surroundings. I'd like to think we're doing ok to start. His first inclination is to smile, like his dad's and he loves to eat (above it's lasagna.) He'll be at cruiserweight in no time, he's currently tipping the scales at 27 pounds. He crawls to meet me at the door and cries when I leave. Someone once told me you don't know what love is until you're a father. I can say with conviction that is 100% accurate.

One of the things I love about blogging is the permanence of the message. One day I'll share this blog with him and the importance of having passion in one's life. If he can find something to believe in I'll be thrilled.

| Permalink Here


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

http://www.top-blogs.com/cgi-bin/rankem.cgi?id=ebradlee
Site Feed



















Site Meter

+ : nothing blogs : +

PhillyBlog
<< <5 | < | list | random | > | 5> >>

Listed on BlogShares

Performancing

Technorati Profile

Who Links Here?