<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Wal-Mart joins online music fray

The retail giant has begun selling music online. The cost per song is $.88 which undercuts Apple's iTunes' individual song price by $.11.

As a music downloader I'm excited by this announcement. Not because of Wal-Mart's low price, I loathe them because of their labor practices. But because of the competition that is being introduced. I bet we'll see $.50 songs before too long. I'll continue to use iTunes for now because I have another 20 free songs through their Pepsi promotion. I'm on an unbelievable streak of free songs under my Pepsi caps. (It helps if you hold the bottle at an angle that you can see if you're a winner.)

| Permalink Here


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

http://www.top-blogs.com/cgi-bin/rankem.cgi?id=ebradlee
Site Feed



















Site Meter

+ : nothing blogs : +

PhillyBlog
<< <5 | < | list | random | > | 5> >>

Listed on BlogShares

Performancing

Technorati Profile

Who Links Here?